Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Technology in the Garden


Gardening is a favorite hobby for many people. A friend of mine found this, The Garden Monitoring Project, for a monitoring system for your garden. It will monitor soil moisture, temperature and other must have information for proper garden management. I'm not an electronics expert so I'm not sure whether you can build it with some recycled electronic components. I also don't know the power usage of this unit but you may be able to add a small PV and battery to make it an off-grid appliance. With all the information it can gather I'm sure it could help you enhance your organic garden production in some way and you'll never forget to water again with the automatic sprinkler connection. These kinds of displays of creativity make me feel hopeful that we'll be able to harness our brain power to find solutions to our environmental problems. I guess that will happen when less people read Perez Hilton or follow Lindsay Lohan's escapades.

No comments: