Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Obama Overload

There has been some analysis, if you can call it that, on President Obama's recent media appearances. I'm not feeling overload because he's on TV every night. I'm feeling overloaded by the doom and gloom and the growing want to fix every problem now with loads of money. While I agree that the economy, health, education and the environment all need attention I'm worried that none of them will get "fixed". It looks like all the problems are being framed as economic ones. To some degree they all are. I have a feeling that the other three will reworked in ways to the benefit of the economy and may leave out key elements that would actually benefit. For example, "clean coal" may be used as an environmental and economic solution but I don't see how it is. To quote V.P. Joe Biden during the campaign "That's not change. That's more of the same."

No comments: