Monday, March 17, 2008

Earth Hour

Earth Hour - On March 29, 2008 at 8:00 p.m., cities all across the world will be turning their lights off for one hour to raise awareness against global warming and climate change. Earth Hour started in Sydney, Australia, in 2007, and quickly gained global recognition creating a powerful message.

I hope that this event inspires others to do the same and will continue for years to come.

I have pledged my commitment to turning the lights off for one hour, will you?

1 comment:

BBC said...

I hadn't heard about this, wonder how I missed it. My lights are low energy lights so turning them off for an hour won't make much difference.

They are turned off a lot anyway.

I see un needed lights at business's and public places glowing in the day time. They could sure turn them off.