Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Environmental Technology

I was thinking about a post about technology and the environment. As I logged on I saw a comment suggesting I make a post about the same. Here is what I found today and I think it ties in to the living to 1000 years as much of that premise relies on serious technological advances.

I read an article about research at Penn State University that was cleaning contaminated water from mines and generated electricity and cleaned the water of heavy metals. When you read it the operation seems pretty simple and their test looks like it worked. I really like the sounds of it and I am always amazed at how we are able to solve problems with technology.

With the focus on minimizing environmental damage I think we'll see many developments in technology in this area.

3 comments:

joe said...

just goes to show that if we put our minds to it we really can do much more than we think.

though I fear it might be a bit too late at this point...

Anonymous said...

Great work

BBC said...

As a man that has lived alternate lifestyles I can tell you that it's more expensive to produce your own electricity than it is to just buy it from the grid.

I would love to get off the grid, if I could afford to.