Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Massacre

No not that one. The one you may have been a part of today. The slaughter of trees.

Just kidding. I'm not that crazy but I need catchy titles since I've been on a little hiatus with revamping the page and all. There really is a massacre of trees though. According to some Hallmark research 180 million cards are exchanged annually not including the ones the kids give in the classrooms. That is a lot of paper and processing to make these cards. I'm not opposed to holiday celebrations or anything like that. My point is to show how large the collective impact of buying one card. For the people who think their own little changes won't make a difference look at it from the other side. Imagine the effect of 180 million homes with solar panels...

No comments: