Thursday, January 11, 2007

What are you drinking?

One of my earlier posts contained a YouTube video showing Indian farmers using soft drinks as pesticides because they were so contaminated with them. A recent study has found chemicals leaching into bottled water stored for 6 months. Specifically, antimony is being found. Think of all the potential uses for your bottled water.

On a related note, Mexico was considering a 5% tax on soft drinks. Apparently, Mexicans drink more soft drinks than any other nation on Earth. One of the reasons cited is that they are cheaper and more readily available than potable water. Hopefully they didn't plan to offer rebates for bottled water in conjunction with this tax.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Hi :)
I was looking on a website called blogexplosion.com for blogs that deal with environmental issues and yours is one of the ones that I clicked on because it interested me. I was curious as to if you would like to join the blogring I am creating here on blogspot to deal with natural living (as well as green/simple living). I thought your blog was very informative and would be great for the ring!

Please let me know if you're interested by either commenting to my blog or emailing me at jaded.pyratekk@gmail.com.

have a good one (^_^)