Eco-friendly apps are a must have for the environmentally conscious individual who uses an iPhone. Here is a list of free iPhone apps for you to consider.
1) Dirty Dozen- this app, from Environmental Working Group, is a top pick of mine. It gives the user a heads up on the 12 dirtiest produce items to avoid and a list of the Clean 15. Users can also access EWG's website from this app.
2) Ocean Wise- Vancouver based conservation program aimed at informing Canadian consumers on Seafood and helping them make better, sustainable choices when purchasing it or dining out. Great app!
3) EWG Sunscreen Guide- EWG's top-rated sunscreens to use when you need the protection. Users can also look up their sunscreens and see what rating it receives.
4) TreeHugger- Lots of goodies in this app! Comes with great articles, podcasts and more. Get it!
5) iGreenpeace- Breaking Greenpeace news from around the world and interaction with a fun little penguin named Alex.
6) TheGoodGuide- Apps bar-code scanning feature lets users scan an item in store and it will reveal whether the product is safe, healthy, green and socially responsible.
7) Carticipate- a ride sharing app that provides users with info on other people near their area that want to carpool.
More Green Apps to come as I find them!