Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

Today is Earth Day. Not like you couldn't tell with all the advertising of green products, services, TV shows and everything else. I am happy that awareness has been raised and the message is out there. Now I'm looking forward to substantial action taken by people everywhere. I am very surprised by the amount of advertising for environmentally friendly products over the course of the month. It seemed like every store flyer had a green section and mentioned Earth Day. Some of it is green washing but some of the products are simply better alternatives. The commercialization of Earth Day has made me wonder about what direction we are really heading in with environmental awareness. I don't feel we can treat it as a problem we can spend our way out of.

No comments: