Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life Happens

The last couple of weeks have been busy for me and I have not been able to post as regularly as I normally do. I have realized that having children in school, people being sick in the house and having to keep things going at home makes life busy and hectic. I'm fortunate that many changes have been made in our house that makes it a habit to keep life "green". I'm not as green as I would like but overall I think we're doing pretty good. For people who have not made it a routine it must be difficult to make changes. That's why I like to try and keep my writing here practical and informative for everyone.

Being "green" is not about being trendy or proving credentials in my opinion. Doing your best to minimize your negative impact on the world around you is what I try to do and I think that is a good start for all of us. Once you start living in that mindset you can go beyond that and make bigger changes in your life. You can stop commuting and move, build a house out of recycled materials or start working to make changes in your community. Remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

1 comment:

BBC said...

The last couple of weeks have been busy for me and I have not been able to post as regularly as I normally do.

Well, hon, I think that your three readers will excuse you. That is as long as you are willing to give me a little slack because I don't visit you everyday.