Monday, August 18, 2008

DIY Composting

Composting is an excellent way to reduce waste and improve your gardening. You don't have to get too fancy. Via Make I have found how to make a compost bin out of used pallets and how to make your own indoor worm compost system.

There are plenty of resources about composting out there. I don't really do anything technical. I just toss stuff in my bin, turn it once in a while and add water if needed. It has made a difference in my garden and yard over the years.

1 comment:

BBC said...

Well, I make very little waste and I have no garden. That's supposed to be my mates job but I don't have one.

All I have is an apple tree that I can't kill no matter how much I cut it back, it just returns and mocks me.

Hum, maybe I should stop pouring my piss bucket under it? After all, it is a great fertilizer.