Here is a list of 10 beauty product ingredients to avoid. These are routinely found in many hygiene and beauty products.
1. Diethanolamine (DEA)- this suspected carcinogen is found in shampoo, body wash and makeup.
2. Formaldehyde - This known carcinogen is in imidazolidinyl urea, DMDM hydantoin and quaternium-15.
3. Parabens - These nasty buggers get into your bloodstream and are known to mimic female hormones. You will see them under the names: methly, ethyl, etc. A suspected contributor (though not yet linked) to breast tumors, Parabens have been found in samples of tissue taken from breast tumors.
4. Petrolatum - Comes from non-renewable crude oil and is not breathable.
5. Phenylenediamine (PPD) - In all permanent dyes and is linked to increases in bladder cancer.
6. Phthalates - Usually hidden as the ingredient "Fragrance" and is part of a family of hormone disrupters.
7. Sodium Lauryl Sulphate - Skin irritant that was once linked to cancer.
8. Talc - Found in everything from eye shadow, blush, baby powder and deodorant. Some talc is contaminated with asbestos. The NIH wanted all talc categorized as a carcinogen.
9. Toluene - Solvent commonly found in nail polish that can affect the nervous system, liver and kidneys.
10. Triclosan - Antibacterial agent used in everything. It has been found in our water supply and is a contributing factor to medicine resistant bacteria.